Playhouse Paris is an acting school focused on Meisner training.
Tracy & Mark Pellegrino taught acting for over 15 years at Playhouse West in Los Angeles, which was not only a school fully endorsed by Sanford Meisner but a place he chose to work, refine and enhance his original exercises during his last ten years of teaching.
Aside from teaching, Tracy worked personally with Sanford Meisner on one of his last films. She has won several screenplay writing awards and was head of the Shakespeare company at Playhouse West. Mark has been a successful film and tv actor for more than 25 years.
Classes we offer
- Beginning through advanced classes in the Meisner technique.
- Screenwriting – Writing a script in 10 weeks.
- Shakespeare with a Meisner approach.
- Guest speakers.
- Classes are ongoing and can be entered at any time during the month.
- Membership is on a month-to-month basis.
- New students will be pro-rated depending on the start date.
- Our classes are three hours long. Students who attend Playhouse Paris have class twice a week and work in every class.
Veronica Alvarado Kraemer
Sammy Lechea — on the set of Cannes Confidential
The Playhouse Paris Spring 2023 Scene Night showcasing members of Playhouse Paris was held at Théâtre Clavel in Paris on Thursday, June 29, 2023. You can read an article about it here: Playhouse Paris Spring 2023 Scene Night.
Any questions you have will be answered during your interview.
The interview is brief and takes place immediately before or after the audit. Your interview is not an audition! You don’t need to bring or prepare anything.
Before Auditing, it may be helpful to read the first few chapters of Sanford Meisner on Acting.